Saturday, August 30, 2008

Roasty Toasty First Win!


Because Ron jokingly said I'd be getting a great tan out in this fantastic (all sarcasm implied) sunny weather I wanted to show off just the kind of tan lines a goalie gets! Yes, gloves to sleeve, knee caps, and that's it.
Today was our first game- the Alumni match! Where we whoop up the old...er people my age... in a game of soccer. The score: 8-1, or maybe higher I forgot to look at the scoreboard after the game ended but we definitely won. I did get to make a couple of decent saves, and finally some distribution practice. I think we played fairly well for having a lot of new players on the team. We did however get pretty slow toward the end of the second half which was a problem last year. We will get better though; our first week of practice is really intense (run run run run..) so we are a bit tired.
I didn't stick around for all of the Men's game but the Alumni were making the defense look non existent. I really hope they were all just tired like us, otherwise its going to be an interesting season. The shining moment of the game for me was the goalie from last year making a diving header for an Alumni goal. I left the field at half time..enough sun for one day!

No comments: