Wednesday, August 27, 2008

If I were a Solar Panel...

That's right.. if I were a solar panel running around out there in the 95+ degree sunshine I would either have an endless supply of energy or spontaneously combust. We start our morning practice at 7am which seems to be mosquito prime time! Everyone shares the bug spray or else! One girl had bloody spots and welts all over the back of her legs from being bitten so many times.
So the past two days have consisted of Eat/Run/Soccer/Sleep/Eat/Soccer/Sleep. Yes.. that is the entire day.
Other then that there have just been some slight quirky things going on here in Lyons. My first attempt to use the hot water I knew would be scary. After about 30 seconds or so of running this brown/rust color water started coming out. Needless to say I went to the grocery store and picked up a couple of Cheapo Gallons of Spring Water. The other oddity is the power keeps going out during the heat of the day. Not long enough to reset all the clocks but enough to kill the AC for a sec, and my computer.
I have still yet to see the new neighbor's mystery animal. Whatever it is makes their trash can stink though.

Time to sleep again..

No comments: