Sunday, January 6, 2008

Return to Lyons


Yes.. I have once again completed my random migratory journey from ..Lyons --> Kansas City ---> Lyons.. once again. Everything was as I left it, and even the plant survived while I was gone.
It was good to go back to the norm and see my family, bf, dogs, and squeeze in some work for that book & food funding. Christmas & New Years went like normal, I do have to say I didn't get the one thing I wanted for Christmas.. and pouting will get me nowhere. I am excited to use my new cooking utensils i received in my presents. My pancake mix is one of the few edible survivors of the power outage! My fridge is barren except for a couple cans of v8, Jones Soda, and random condiments. Nothing bums you out like coming home to an empty fridge!
School starts in two days and I think I'm going to be pretty busy this semester. The class I'm looking forward to most is Photography - surprise huh? I am most curious about my Mass Media class. It was a part of my "former" Major, and I decided to take it anyway.
It looks like most of the city has its power back on. There are still huge piles of snow and the one street I drove down had a couple houses with piles of tree limbs stacked in the front yard. It will be interesting to see how things turned out when the sun comes up tomorrow. Time to finish my laundry and get some Zzz. Time also to start missing my nice comfy bed again.

No comments: