Monday, November 22, 2010

Electric Sheep?

One of my last projects for class was to create a book cover from a small list of books provided by the teacher. We had a week to do it, and the whole time I was going to do Frankenstein, because I thought it would be pretty easy and fun. The day before the project was due I decided I was bored with it, and wasn't coming up with anything very interesting. Needless to say I went with the strangest book in the list I could find: Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?

This book as I found out after a little research was the inspiration for the movie Blade Runner. Now I haven't read the book, but the movie is pretty wild, so I gave it my best weird 80's sci-fi movie interpretation. I think it came out every bit as odd as the movie, and I had a lot of fun making it!
If you've never really payed attention to book covers, you have to design it in a large spread like this. It is one big image split in half with the cover on the right side. The two black areas on the edges are the flaps that fold inside to keep the cover on.

No comments: